Mulberry Hill Farm is currently home to three purebred Romney's, four Romney/Border Leicester crosses, and one Karakul sheep. We coat our sheep to ensure the highest quality fleece in our roving and yarns. Sheep names (clockwise from top left): Maggie, Norah, Ellie, Annie, Olivia, Oakley, Noelle, and Trudy.
The motel was sold and converted into a single family residence, and a barn and fenced barnyard were added in the 1980's. The hilltop was home to the Runyan family and a herd of goats until the property was sold in 2014.
Since purchasing the property we've cut down a lot of dead and dying trees, cleared pasture, added a second barn building, and built a fence around the entire property to increase pasture. We've put on a new roof, done some internal renovations, and are planning our next round of improvements. We have beautiful sunrises and sunsets, and panoramic views of pasture and surrounding farm fields planted with corn and wheat.
Mulberry Hill Farm started its existence as the Hilltop Motel. Built in the late 1950's a six room motel was constructed on Route 11, and was run for many years by the Nell family. The motel ceased operation in the 1970's when the construction of Route 81 diverted customer traffic. Here is the Hilltop Motel from a postcard photo.
Copyright © Sean Lacey